PCOS Programme AdvancedRegular price£1,135.00 Sale price
Pickup currently unavailable
Give your mental & physical health the attention it deserves with a multidisciplinary approach.
The PCOS Advanced programme is a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary approach to addressing the root cause of your PCOS symptoms. The programme will assess your risk of developing any PCOS-related health complications, and will provide you with the tools and support that you need to manage your condition. In addition, the programme will allow for a deeper focus on any additional challenges that are common in PCOS, such as disordered eating, negative body image or difficulties in conceiving. The goal of the PCOS Advanced programme is to empower you to take control of your health, and to live a life that is free from the burden of PCOS.
A: Addressing the root cause of your PCOS symptoms:
You will receive a comprehensive and personalised plan to address the root cause of your symptoms, which may include:
- irregular or absent periods
- issues with ovulation & fertility
- weight gain & difficulties with cravings
- raised blood sugars
- acne/ oily skin
- mood swings
- thinning of or loss of hair
- hirsutism (thick, dark hair on face, chest, tummy, lower back, buttocks or thighs)
B: Understanding and reducing the risk of PCOS-related health complications
Assessment of your individual risk for PCOS-related health complications, including heart disease & type 2 diabetes, which includes:
- interpretation of blood tests to evaluate your risk of developing diabetes and cardiovascular disease (N.B. if you do not have recent blood results the tests can be arranged here)
- referral to your GP &/or recommendations for a specialist service, if indicated
- bespoke plan for dietary & lifestyle principals to reduce or reverse your health risks
NOTE: this is particularly important if you:
- have ever had gestational diabetes
- have a family member with type 2 diabetes
- your BMI 25 kg/m2 or more
C: Addressing the issues that are common in PCOS
Women with PCOS are more likely to suffer from disordered eating, body image dissatisfaction, weight gain and functional gut disorders when compared with women without PCOS. The PCOS Advanced programme will explore the issues that are burdensome for you. Together, we will develop strategies to help you manage your PCOS and improve your overall wellbeing.
Depending on your individual needs, this part of the programme will be delivered by one of or a combination of the following: psychologist, gut-directed hypnotherapist, CBT therapist or dietitian.This tailored approach ensures that you receive the best possible care, and that your mental and physical health is given the attention it deserves.
The PCOS Advanced programme structure:
- Prior to our first meeting, I will ask you to complete an assessment form which will include questions about your medical history, your recent medical reports and blood results (if you have any), medications, supplements, diet and lifestyle.
1 x Assessment consultation (90 minutes) +clinical report
- Comprehensive health & lifestyle assessment to explore symptoms, medical history, family history, lifestyle factors and diet
- Identifying your PCOS profile and the likely drivers of your PCOS symptoms
9 or more x progress consultations fortnightly (up to 60 minutes) + reports
- 9 or more x fortnightly consultations during which we will review your progress, identify challenges & explore solutions
- Access to phone & email support in between these consultation
- Supportive handouts & meal plans
- Supplement recommendations for PCOS
- Referrals to my network of trusted consultants & practitioners (if required)
- Recommendations for further clinical tests and interpretation (if required)
Once you have completed the initial programme, you may find that you have additional goals that you would like to achieve. Alternatively, you may feel that you need longer-term support in order to maintain your progress. In either case, we are here to help. We can amend the programme or arrange further appointments as and when you need them. This ensures that you always have the support that you need in order to achieve your goals.
For existing clients, the follow up appointments are at £100 for 60 minute appointment. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or would like to discuss your options.