The personal information Monika records
During your initial consultation Monika will ask you to read and sign a consent to allow her to gather and keep your personal information. The information she will collect may include:
Name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers, email address, gender, GP details and information relevant to your referral, including your medical history, dietary assessment and any relevant medical investigations.
How Monika stores your personal information
All personal information and session notes will be stored either in a locked filing cabinet or in a password-protected folder on a personal computer. Your information will be retained for the legal requirement of 10 years, after which time will be deleted or shredded.
Any emails you send will not be electronically retained and either deleted or printed and placed in your records within 1 month after your last appointment with Monika.
All text messages are deleted within 1 month after your last appointment with Monika.
Your telephone number may be stored in a mobile phone and deleted within 1 month after your last appointment with Monika.
All sessions will be conducted in confidence, the date, time, session number and brief notes will be documented.
Confidentiality, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR), will be maintained and applied to all records with the exception of the following:
- When you have given your permission to share information for example, statistical data
- In cases where Monika has a duty to share information when compelled to give evidence by a court of law
- If it is considered there is a real possibility of harm to yourself or others, or in such instances when information is of such a gravity that confidentiality cannot be maintained,for example:
- Safeguarding adults (adult protection)
- Safeguarding children (child protection)
- Offences involving children under the age of 18
- In cases of terrorism, fraud or money laundering
Monika will seek your permission to:
- Contact you via your preferred method and will only leave a message with your consent.
- Share information outside of the above exceptions.
- Use anonymous details for continued professional development (case studies or training).
- Publish any marketing material, such as case studies or testimonials, including those using a pseudonym.
Monika’s online contact form
When you use the online contact form Monika may collect, use and store the following types of personal data:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Information relevant to your referral
- Other information you choose to send to Monika
What Monika will do with the information you provide via the contact form
Monika uses this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To contact you and assess your needs
- Answer any questions you may have
- Arrange an and send confirmation of your initial consultation
Transmission of data and information via the website is not a secure method for sending your personal data. Information and personal data may be intercepted, lost, corrupted or accessed by other people.
Upon receipt of your personal data Monika is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, Monika has put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information collected online.
Each time you visit a website Google analytics automatically tracks information such as (but not limited to) your geographical location, IP address, browser type, browser version, operating system, referral source, page views, length of visit, the times and dates you visit the site, navigation paths, whether you are a new visitor or a returning visitor.
When you visit www.mbdietetics.com the information collected by Google analytics may be used by Julie to customise the website according to your interests and help improve products and services.
Links to external websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following way:
- If you have previously agreed to Monika using your anonymous personal information for continued professional development or marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to Monika
Monika will not distribute your personal information to third parties unless she has your permission or is required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which Monika holds about you under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR). If you would like a copy of any stored personal information, please contact Monika.
Monika aims to keep all personal data up to date, if you believe that any information she is holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact Monika as soon as possible.